Position Title: PWA/Circuit Board Designer
Location: near Needham, MA
About the Team:
Join the growing Encore Semi Front-End Development team to collaborate with customers to define, design, and verify Circuit Boards targeting next generation applications. Building on your background of Printed Circuit Board Design experience, you would join a team developing advanced systems for communication and control systems.
About the Project:
As a member of a system development team, you would be responsible for defining the architecture of Circuit Boards delivering high-speed encryption products. You will architect the design based on customer requirements, work with the FPGA development teams to specify their delivery as well as selecting other elements of the system and own the full flow of the final card development. If you have a background in high-density, high-performance PCB design, joining the Encore Semi Front-End Development team could be for you.
- Due to the nature of the team you will be collaborating with, a Department of Defense Secret security clearance is REQUIRED. Engineers with a clearance in the past 2 years will be preferred. US citizenship is a Requirement.
- Experience with board / circuit card design incorporating complex, SOC FPGAs as well as high-speed interfaces such as DDR3, DDR4, Ethernet, and PCIe, in addition to connections to memory and storage.
- Knowledge and experience with commercial board design tools for schematic entry, layout, board routing and power analysis (Mentor Graphics tool experience would be a plus)
- Past work on low power, especially battery operated, designs
- At least 5 years of experience in board and system design
- Experience designing boards for use in extreme environments requiring high reliability.
- Work on NSA-certified products would be a plus
- Required: Bachelor's, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience