Position Title: Principal CPU Architectural Modeling Engineer
Location: Austin, TX or Remote/work from home
Full-time: Salary + Benefits + Bonuses
About the Project:
• As a member of the CPU SOC development team, you will work with the chip architects and logic designers to create a high performance CPU from scratch and verify it. As an Architectural Modeling Engineer, you would be part of a team responsible of functional modelling of CPU features. You will develop a deep understanding of CPU architecture, software use model and functional verification. You will work closely with software and verification team to integrate functional models into their flows and enable them in their jobs.
• Responsible for functional modeling of CPU and CPU peripherals
• Add architectural as well as implementation defined features to CPU functional model
• Support software prototyping using CPU functional model - including integration of functional models into other models
• Support verification team by adding features to aid debugging of RTL, including integrating functional models with RTL simulations
• Keep up with architecture evolution, add functionality to support new features
• Debug fails and make bug fixes as required
• Knowledge of a CPU architecture (x86, RISCV, ARM, Power), preferably ARM
• Understanding of Modern CPU Micro-architecture - Out of order, superscalar processors, memory consistency and coherency
• Experience with C/C++, Python. Experience with recent revisions of C++ a plus
• Experience with functional modeling of CPU or SoC components
• Experience with SystemC a plus
• Required: BS Degree in CS or EE with 3+ years of software programming experience
• Preferred: MSEE or MSCE
About Encore Semi
is a successful SoC Design and Software Engineering Services company headquartered in San Diego, California. We build Centers of Expertise (CoEs), engineering teams onsite, to support our many customers from the semiconductor and electronics system industry in North America (San Diego, Bay Area, Austin, Raleigh, Longmont, New York, Boston areas). Our teams of experts contribute to leading-edge projects in the areas of SoC design and embedded software. We provide high-value through acceleration, performance improvement, optimization, and risk mitigation.
Encore Semi provides its engineering team members with continuous exposure to top advanced technologies and tools, participation in challenging yet exciting projects, and direct collaboration with its industry-leading teams, customers, and long-term partners.
Encore Semi Career Path
& Encore Semi Full-time Benefits