Position Title: Senior IC Layout Designer
Location: San Diego, CA
Full-time: Salary + Benefits
• Number of years of experience: 5+
• Hands-on experience with FinFET CMOS technologies (≤ 10nm).
• Experience with the layout of high performance custom digital standard-cells.
• Experience with full library characterization and deployment.
• Experience with Cadence, Mentor and Synopsys suite of design tools (Virtuoso Schematic and Layout, Calibre, etc.).
• Good understanding of engineering principles, such as matching, shielding, high-speed layout techniques.
• Ability to work in close collaboration with the designers to achieve a fully optimized layout and with other layout engineers for seamless integration in a digital flow.
• Good knowledge of device reliability mechanisms, electromigration, latch-up, guard-rings, DNW, IO-Ring building, STI, ESD, parasitics optimization and advanced process effects such as LOD and LDE.
• Experience with scripting languages such as: Skill, Perl, Python, etc.
• Self-motivated and creative candidate open to learn new skills and being able to work in a dynamic start-up environment.
• Experience in TSMC 7/6nm and/or Samsung 5/4nm.
• Experience with Asynchronous cells such as (Mueller cells, mutex, etc.).
• Experience with digital top-level integration (ICC, Innovus, etc.).
• Experience with managing layout resources to meet schedules and ensuring accountability.
About Encore Semi
is a successful SoC Design and Software Engineering Services company headquartered in San Diego, California. We build Centers of Expertise (CoEs), engineering teams onsite, to support our many customers from the semiconductor and electronics system industry in North America (San Diego, Bay Area, Austin, Raleigh, Longmont, New York, Boston areas). Our teams of experts contribute to leading-edge projects in the areas of SoC design and embedded software. We provide high-value through acceleration, performance improvement, optimization, and risk mitigation.
Encore Semi provides its engineering team members with continuous exposure to top advanced technologies and tools, participation in challenging yet exciting projects, and direct collaboration with its industry-leading teams, customers, and long-term partners.
Encore Semi Career Path
& Encore Semi Full-time Benefits