Position Title: Senior Physical Design Engineer
Location: 100% remote / work from home
Full-time: Salary + Benefits + Bonuses or Contractor
Work Status: US Citizen or US Permanent Resident
As a member of the Encore Semi Physical Design team, you will perform various types of physical design tasks such as floorplanning, place & route, clock tree synthesis, and power grid, at the chip and block level. You'll work with the rest of the design team for flow bring up and validation. You will work as part of a multi-member Physical Design team sharing responsibilities for block-level work and top-level integration. The design is a state-of-the-art System on Chip device implemented in FinFET technology.
• BSEE with 8+ years of physical design experience required, or
• MSEE with 5+ years of physical design experience preferred
• Experience with Cadence physical design tools: Innovus, Tempus, Voltus
• Experience with Synopsys physical design tools: ICC2, PrimeTime, RedHawk
• Experience with Intel’s FinFET technology 22nm, 14nm, or 10nm
• Deep understanding of standard RTL to GDS flows and methodology, synthesis, floorplanning, P&R, timing closure, ECO, and IR-drop
• Experience with power grid design
• Experience creating and/or supporting EDA/CAD automation
• Excellent scripting skills in Perl/Tcl/Python
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the anticipated compensation for the position is $120,000.00 to $180,000.00 and based on a full-time schedule. Your ultimate compensation may vary as we carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your job-related skills, qualifications, experience, and location. For part time the compensation will be adjusted accordingly.
• 15 days of PTO per calendar year
• 10 paid Holidays per calendar year
• Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Options include HMO, PPO plans, and Medical Subsidy
- Company pays 80% of Medical Premium for Employee and Dependents
- Medical Benefits begin on the first of the month following employees first day of employment
• Dental & Vision /Reimbursement paid to Employee (pro-rated, max. $1,500 per calendar yr.)
• 401k Traditional & Roth – additional details found in Encore Semi’s 401k Plan Highlights
• Life/AD&D and Long-Term Disability
• Voluntary Benefits: Dental & Vision Insurance, STD, FSA, HSA and Gap Insurance
• Tuition reimbursement - up to $2,000 USD per year
About Encore Semi
is a successful SoC Design and Software Engineering Services company headquartered in San Diego, California. We build Centers of Expertise (CoEs), engineering teams onsite or 100% remote, to support our many customers in North America. Our teams of experts contribute to leading-edge projects in the areas of SoC design and embedded software. We provide high-value through acceleration, performance improvement, optimization, and risk mitigation.
Encore Semi provides its engineering team members with continuous exposure to top advanced technologies and tools, participation in challenging yet exciting projects, and direct collaboration with its industry-leading teams, customers, and long-term partners.
Encore Semi Career Path
& Encore Semi Full-time Benefits