Job Title: Senior Pre-Silicon Functional Verification Engineer
Work Location: Onsite or 100% remote / work from home
Full-time: Salary + Benefits + Bonuses or Contractor
• Derive test plan from architectural requirements and design documents.
• Execute the verification strategies of SoC, and IP cores.
• Create test testbench architecture, develop reference models, bus-functional models, and drivers to verify the design requirements.
• Integrate Verification IPs from different vendors.
• Developing tests and tuning the environment to achieve coverage goals.
• Own and debug failures in simulation to root cause problems.
• Analysis and closure of code and functional coverage.
• Advanced knowledge of HVL methodology like UVM.
• Proven track record of full SOC cycle from concept to tape-out to bring-up.
• Experience in taping out large SOC systems with embedded ARM processor cores.
• Hands-on verification experience of AXI Bus Fabric, APB, AHB, and AXI, based bus architecture in UVM environment.
• Create IP level module and sub-system verification plan, reusable Test Benches, test sequences, test infrastructure.
• Create UVM based coverage driven verification plans from design specifications, review and refine to achieve coverage targets.
• In-depth knowledge and experience of working with low power design, UPF integration, boot sequence, power cycle, HW/SW interaction verification.
• Knowledge of ARM low power design and power policy unit.
• Understand the details of high-efficient high performance SOC Architecture, standard SOC component like Timer, DMA, memory management schemes, low power spec, multi-processor systems, Memory Controller Sub Systems, PLL, power up and Secured Boot schemes.
• Working knowledge of basic IO protocols (SPI/Octal SPI/I2C/UART/I2S/I3C)
• High speed I/O protocols such as Ethernet, SDIO, USB2.0, MIPI DSI/CSI
• Work closely with DV leads to improve verification flow.
• Strong experience with scripting languages like Perl and Python
• Should be a great teammate with excellent communication and problem-solving skills and the desire to seek diverse challenges.
• BSEE or MSEE with 7+ years of dedicated/hands-on DV experience using System Verilog
About Encore Semi
is a successful SoC Design and Software Engineering Services company headquartered in San Diego, California. We build Centers of Expertise (CoEs), engineering teams onsite or 100% remote, to support our many customers in North America. Our teams of experts contribute to leading-edge projects in the areas of SoC design and embedded software. We provide high-value through acceleration, performance improvement, optimization, and risk mitigation.
Encore Semi provides its engineering team members with continuous exposure to top advanced technologies and tools, participation in challenging yet exciting projects, and direct collaboration with its industry-leading teams, customers, and long-term partners.
Encore Semi Career Path
& Encore Semi Full-time Benefits