Position: Senior Physical Design/STA Engineer
Work Locations: 100% remote / work from home
Full-time: Salary + Benefits + Bonuses or Contractor
Work Status: US Citizen or US Permanent Resident
• Responsible for overseeing all aspects of STA, Physical Design, Sign-Off and Automation in hierarchical and flat SoC designs
• Responsible for Static Timing Analysis and fixing for blocks and/or top level
• Responsible for creating workable digital flows in latest technology nodes (<= 7nm)
• Responsible for automating various aspects of existing or new design flows, including partitioning, floorplanning, placement of blocks and macros, pin placement, power busing, custom routing, CTS, buffer insertion.
• BSEE required, MSEE preferred
• Excellent knowledge/experience using STA tools and methodology.
• Deep understanding of Liberty files (such as NLDM, CCS and LVF)
• Good software skills and direct experience with Python and Tcl
• Knowledge of Verilog, SystemVerilog, VHDL.
• Very good working knowledge of top level and block physical design for complex chips (10M+ gates) at 7nm or below, using Synopsys ICC or Cadence SOC Encounter
• Hands-on experience executing floorplanning, physical synthesis, CTS, routing, STA with Primetime, power analysis, DRC/LVS, noise analysis
• Experience with multi voltage domains and low power flow
• Good understanding of RTL design and the RTL integration and implementation flow
• Knowledge of Asynchronous design is a BIG plus
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the anticipated compensation for the position is between $130,000.00 - $170,000.00 and based on a full-time schedule.
Your ultimate compensation may vary as we carefully consider a wide range of factors, including customer assignment, your job-related skills, qualifications, experience and location.
About Encore Semi
Encore Semi is a successful SoC Design and Software Engineering Services company headquartered in San Diego, California. We build Centers of Expertise (CoEs), engineering teams onsite or 100% remote, to support our many customers in North America. Our teams of experts contribute to leading-edge projects in the areas of SoC design and embedded software. We provide high-value through acceleration, performance improvement, optimization, and risk mitigation.
Encore Semi provides its engineering team members with continuous exposure to top advanced technologies and tools, participation in challenging yet exciting projects, and direct collaboration with its industry-leading teams, customers, and long-term partners.
• 15 days of PTO per calendar year
• 10 paid Holidays per calendar year
• Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Options include HMO, PPO plans, and Medical Subsidy
- Company pays 80% of Medical Premium for Employee and Dependents
- Medical Benefits begin on the first of the month following employees first day of employment
• Dental & Vision /Reimbursement paid to Employee (pro-rated, max. $1,500 per calendar yr.)
• 401k Traditional & Roth – additional details found in Encore Semi’s 401k Plan Highlights
• Life/AD&D and Long-Term Disability
• Voluntary Benefits: Dental & Vision Insurance, STD, FSA, HSA and Gap Insurance
• Tuition reimbursement - up to $2,000 USD per year
Equal Opportunity Policy Statement
Encore Semi, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, ancestry, marital status, civil union status, medical condition, disability (mental and physical), military and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
Encore Semi is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Our Management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.