Position Title: Senior Analog/Mixed-Signal Design Engineer
Work Location: 100% remote / work from home
Full-time: Salary + Benefits + Bonuses or Contractor
• Design and bring into mass production highly integrated transceivers in deep sub-micron CMOS technology.
• Cadence-based high-performance transistor level design of high-speed analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) in advanced CMOS processes.
• Supervise layout activities and perform post-layout LPE simulations and analysis.
• Work with the System Engineers to derive block level specifications based on target product requirements.
• Run MATLAB model simulations to study system performance.
• Work with the System Engineers to design methods and algorithms to alleviate circuit impairments by calibration, compensation, pre-distortion, and various other techniques.
• Work closely with the Digital Designers for RTL implementation and validation of the proposed methods and algorithms.
• Work with the Test Engineers on a comprehensive test plan, including defining, developing, and ramping up production ATE solutions.
• Participate in post-silicon bring-up, detailed performance characterization, optimization, and debugging.
• Field testing and verifying product performance using lab instruments.
• Prepare and present clear design-related documentation.
• Work with Applications, Product, Test, and Manufacturing Engineers to help answer customer questions, assess field failures, support yield improvements, etc.
• MSEE with 10+ years of experience in high-performance analog or mixed-signal IC design in advanced CMOS processes.
• Direct experience in designing and bringing into mass production highly integrated transceivers in deep sub-micron CMOS technology.
• Understanding of the various RF transceiver architectures and their trade-offs.
• Superior technical knowledge in high-resolution high-speed analog-to-digital converters and related design techniques, including but not limited to SAR ADC, sigma-delta ADC, etc.
• Experience with transistor level design and implementation of high-performance building blocks such as voltage/current references, op-amp, comparators, oscillators, DLL, PLL, etc.
• Deep understanding of CMOS device operation and construction.
• Good familiarity with IC layout, full IC design flow, and verification.
• Experience with analog and digital behavioral modeling. MATLAB proficiency is preferred.
• Strong intuitive, analytical, and problem-solving skills, strong initiative, attention to detail, highly organized, and personal commitment to quality.
• Hands-on experience in evaluating silicon on the bench making precise measurements using typical lab equipment and techniques.
• Familiar with using various development tools: Cadence Virtuoso suite, EMX, Calibre, PVS, MATLAB, MS Office, etc.
• Team player with a strong sense of urgency to meet product timelines.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Ability to work well on multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including the ability to articulate and explain circuit and system design decisions for both internal design documents and external reports or proposals.
• Ability to work well on multi-site teams.
• Direct experience in WiFi and Bluetooth products, circuits, and systems is a plus.
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the anticipated compensation for the position is between $130,000.00 to $170,000.00 and based on a full-time schedule. Your ultimate compensation may vary as we carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your job-related skills, qualifications, experience and location.
About Encore Semi
Encore Semi is a successful SoC Design and Software Engineering Services company headquartered in San Diego, California. We build Centers of Expertise (CoEs), engineering teams onsite or 100% remote, to support our many customers in North America. Our teams of experts contribute to leading-edge projects in the areas of SoC design and embedded software. We provide high-value through acceleration, performance improvement, optimization, and risk mitigation.
Encore Semi provides its engineering team members with continuous exposure to top advanced technologies and tools, participation in challenging yet exciting projects, and direct collaboration with its industry-leading teams, customers, and long-term partners.
• 15 days of PTO per calendar year
• 10 paid Holidays per calendar year
• Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Options include HMO, PPO plans, and Medical Subsidy
- Company pays 80% of Medical Premium for Employee and Dependents
- Medical Benefits begin on the first of the month following employees first day of employment
• Dental & Vision /Reimbursement paid to Employee (pro-rated, max. $1,500 per calendar yr.)
• 401k Traditional & Roth – additional details found in Encore Semi’s 401k Plan Highlights
• Life/AD&D and Long-Term Disability
• Voluntary Benefits: Dental & Vision Insurance, STD, FSA, HSA and Gap Insurance
• Tuition reimbursement - up to $2,000 USD per year
Equal Opportunity Policy Statement
Encore Semi, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, ancestry, marital status, civil union status, medical condition, disability (mental and physical), military and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
Encore Semi is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Our Management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.