Job Title: Senior Analog Layout Designer
Work Location: Onsite
Full-time: Salary + Benefits + Bonuses or Contractor
Work Status: US Citizen or US Permanent Resident
• Working with IC designers and chip leads to determine the chip and block floorplan, including strategies for power and ground distribution.
• Performing layout of custom RF and analog circuit blocks with attention to matching and minimizing parasitics in the layout.
• Accurately estimating the schedule for the layout work and identifying areas of complexity that needs early investigation.
• Performing DRC, ERC and LVS checks and resolving errors.
• Strong analog layout skills.
• Expert-level knowledge with Cadence Virtuoso tool suite.
• Expert-level knowledge with Mentor Graphics Calibre.
• Strong experience in advanced node IC layout, must have experience with FinFET experience at 10nm or below, TSMC 4nm preferred.
• Experience with layout of analog blocks ADC / DAC / PLLs.
• Experience with 112G SerDes layout a plus.
• Able to work independently on challenging problems.
• Understand layout considerations for device matching, coupling and noise isolation.
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) are required.
If you are hired into a California state work location, the anticipated compensation for the position is between $70.00 to $90.00 per hour and based on a full-time schedule. Your ultimate compensation may vary as we carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your job-related skills, qualifications, experience and location.
About Encore Semi
Encore Semi is a successful SoC Design and Software Engineering Services company headquartered in San Diego, California. We build Centers of Expertise (CoEs), engineering teams onsite or 100% remote, to support our many customers in North America. Our teams of experts contribute to leading-edge projects in the areas of SoC design and embedded software. We provide high-value through acceleration, performance improvement, optimization, and risk mitigation.
Encore Semi provides its engineering team members with continuous exposure to top advanced technologies and tools, participation in challenging yet exciting projects, and direct collaboration with its industry-leading teams, customers, and long-term partners.
• 15 days of PTO per calendar year
• 10 paid Holidays per calendar year
• Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Options include HMO, PPO plans, and Medical Subsidy
- Company pays 80% of Medical Premium for Employee and Dependents
- Medical Benefits begin on the first of the month following employees first day of employment
• Dental & Vision /Reimbursement paid to Employee (pro-rated, max. $1,500 per calendar yr.)
• 401k Traditional & Roth – additional details found in Encore Semi’s 401k Plan Highlights
• Life/AD&D and Long-Term Disability
• Voluntary Benefits: Dental & Vision Insurance, STD, FSA, HSA and Gap Insurance
• Tuition reimbursement - up to $2,000 USD per year
Equal Opportunity Policy Statement
Encore Semi, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, ancestry, marital status, civil union status, medical condition, disability (mental and physical), military and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
Encore Semi is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Our Management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.