Position Title: Senior Physical Design Engineer
Location: 100% remote / work from home
Full-time: Salary + Benefits + Bonuses or Contractor
Work Status: US Citizen or US Permanent Resident
As a member of the Encore Semi Physical Design team, you will perform various types of physical design tasks such as floorplanning, place & route, clock tree synthesis, and power grid, at the chip and block level. You'll work with the rest of the design team for flow bring up and validation. You will work as part of a multi-member Physical Design team sharing responsibilities for block-level work and top-level integration. The design is a state-of-the-art System on Chip device implemented in FinFET technology.
• BSEE with 8+ years of physical design experience required, or
• MSEE with 5+ years of physical design experience preferred
• Experience with Cadence physical design tools: Innovus, Tempus, Voltus
• Experience with Synopsys physical design tools: ICC2, PrimeTime, RedHawk
• Experience with Intel’s FinFET technology 22nm, 14nm, or 10nm
• Deep understanding of standard RTL to GDS flows and methodology, synthesis, floorplanning, P&R, timing closure, ECO, and IR-drop
• Experience with power grid design
• Experience creating and/or supporting EDA/CAD automation
• Excellent scripting skills in Perl/Tcl/Python
About Encore Semi
is a successful SoC Design and Software Engineering Services company headquartered in San Diego, California. We build Centers of Expertise (CoEs), engineering teams onsite or 100% remote, to support our many customers in North America. Our teams of experts contribute to leading-edge projects in the areas of SoC design and embedded software. We provide high-value through acceleration, performance improvement, optimization, and risk mitigation.
Encore Semi provides its engineering team members with continuous exposure to top advanced technologies and tools, participation in challenging yet exciting projects, and direct collaboration with its industry-leading teams, customers, and long-term partners.
Encore Semi Career Path
& Encore Semi Full-time Benefits