Job Title: Senior Analog Layout Designer
Work Location: Irvine, CA (onsite)
Full-time: W2 Hourly + Benefits + Bonuses or Contractor
Work Status: US Citizen or US Permanent Resident
You will be part of the Encore Semi design and circuit layout team, creating next generation products for commercial, civil and space missions. You will work as part of a team with the RFIC/Mixed-Signal Designers and Layout Designers on chip layout and custom analog and RFIC IP blocks in technologies down to 3nm.
• Working with IC designers and chip leads to determine the chip and block floorplan, including strategies for power and ground distribution.
• Performing layout of custom RF and analog circuit blocks with attention to matching and minimizing parasitics in the layout.
• Accurately estimating the schedule for the layout work and identifying areas of complexity that needs early investigation.
• Performing DRC, ERC and LVS checks and resolving errors.
• The ideal candidate has experience with TSMC 3/4/5nm technology.
• Strong analog layout skills.
• Expert-level knowledge with Cadence Virtuoso tool suite.
• Expert-level knowledge with Mentor Graphics Calibre.
• Experience with layout of analog blocks ADC / DAC / PLLs.
• Experience with 112G SerDes layout a plus.
• Able to work independently on challenging problems.
• Understand layout considerations for device matching, coupling and noise isolation.
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) are required.
If you are hired into a California state work location, the anticipated compensation for the position is between $70.00 to $90.00 per hour and based on a full-time schedule. Your ultimate compensation may vary as we carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your job-related skills, qualifications, experience and location.