Job Title: SoC and NoC Coherency Architect
Location: San Jose, CA
Status: US Citizen or US Permanent Resident only
Cache Coherency Architecture:
• Evaluate existing, industry standard, cache coherency protocols, maintain and improve our proprietary coherency protocol which is used within company's highly configurable NoC IP
• Develop comprehensive and scalable cache coherency architectures that align with the overall System-on-a-Chip (SoC) design
• Analyze our customer's requirements for cache coherent system architectures, also considering partitioning large designs into chiplets using die-to-die and chip-to-chip architectures based on industry wide standards like CXL, UCIe and PCIe
• Set performance goals (PPA) for the configurable IP
• Collaborate with SoC design teams to ensure seamless integration of cache coherency into the SoC architecture
• Help to optimize Cache Coherency Architecture and uArchitecture within the NoC to minimize latency and improve BW
Performance and Power Optimization:
• Analyze performance bottlenecks and power consumption aspects, proposing and implementing innovative solutions to enhance overall efficiency
• Collaborate with hardware and software teams to verify and optimize cache coherency mechanisms
• Support the verification team to develop verification strategies to ensure the correctness and robustness of the cache coherency protocols and the implementation within our NoC IP
• Support the emulation teams testing and debugging to validate cache coherency behaviors under various scenarios for functional correctness and performance
• Interact with the marketing and sales teams to collect customer input and understand market and product requirements
• Collaborate with hardware design, software development, and system architecture teams to understand their needs and issues
• Provide technical expertise and support to the FAE team to assist in the integration of our products within our customer's designs
Industry Research and Innovation:
• Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements and research in cache coherency and NoC technologies.
• Evaluate emerging methodologies, standards, and industry trends, proposing their integration to enhance our NoC IP offerings.
Documentation and Communication:
• Prepare detailed technical documentation, including architecture specifications and design guidelines/white papers.
• Effectively communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• BS/MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
• Proven experience as a Cache Coherency Architect, Design Engineer, or similar role with a focus on NoC IP development.
• In-depth knowledge of SoC and NoC architecture, cache coherency protocols, and memory hierarchy.
• Strong understanding of cache hierarchies and their interaction with NoC interconnects.
• Experience in cache coherency verification and validation techniques.
• Familiarity with hardware description languages (HDLs) and SoC design tools.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a strategic mindset.
• Excellent communication and collaboration abilities to work effectively with diverse teams and stakeholders.
• Familiarity with hardware description languages (HDLs) and design tools used in NoC IP development or prior experience in designing coherent systems is highly advantageous.
The anticipated annual base salary for this position is between $175,000 to $235,000 which also includes a comprehensive benefits package.